Sponsored By: Jaimee Rizzo | Selling Bergen NJ
• Park to show Pride is a FREE “drive up”/"drive-through" event, utilizing social distance guidelines.
• Participants will decorate their cars for pride creating their very own PRIDE RIDE (“trunk or treat” style or more recent “drive by birthdays/celebrations”).
• Participants will drive to the Paramus Park Mall, park in our reserved specified location. They will guided by car directors to park in every other parking spot. Once all spots are filled, participants will have a "drive-by and show your pride" option only which will be designated. Participants will be notified of the first-come first-park basis prior to the event.
• Participants will stay in their cars, or sit/stand outside of their cars remaining in their “parking spot area” throughout the event depending on the current pandemic guidelines, as these change daily. Masks are required. No mask, no entry!
• Bring your beach chairs to set up outside of your trunk area, snacks, and refreshments to setup outside of your trunk area. There will not be any vendors or restrooms at the event so be prepared. Most importantly, bring your dancing shoes!
• There will be a DJ set up along with several influential speakers discussing LGBTQ+-related topics. Social distance guidelines will be strictly enforced. **SPECIAL THANK YOU TO DJ NIKKI LIONS!**
• Live performance by Payson. Payson is an up and coming singer based in New York. She has performed all over the tri-state area since 2018. She released her own single, Made Me Insane, in 2019, which has since garnered over 100K streams, as well as landed on a movie soundtrack. She will be releasing her album in the near future. You can find her on any music streaming platforms, and on social media at @paysonmeistrich. She is a firm believer that love is love, and is excited to get the opportunity to continue her ally-ship and celebrate Pride. Listen to Payson: Made Me Insane
• There will not be a fee to attend. However, we are collecting donations via Venmo @ParkToShowPride to support the TAC Bergen LGBTQ Teen Lounge Center located in Westwood NJ. The Artist Collective, TAC, is a place where all are welcome to create, socialize, share, and give back. The LGBTQ Teen Lounge of TAC is a great space where LGBTQ teens and allies ages 13-18 hangout, meet friends, play games, dance, and support each other. Like many other small businesses, TAC has been hit hard by COVID-19. We appreciate all donations to keep TAC alive and strong for our LGBTQ Youth!
• Our vision is to celebrate pride in accordance with the current times and guidelines. This short drive-in will bring joy, togetherness, light, and love to the community and possibly nationwide during this terrible time!
Why Park for Pride?
• June is LGBTQ+ Pride Month
• Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Pride Month (LGBT Pride Month) is celebrated annually in June to honor the 1969 Stonewall riots, and works to achieve equal justice and equal opportunity for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and questioning (LGBTQ) Americans. In June of 1969, patrons and supporters of the Stonewall Inn in New York City staged an uprising to resist the police harassment and persecution to which LGBT Americans were commonly subjected. This uprising marks the beginning of a movement to outlaw discriminatory laws and practices against LGBT Americans.
• Today, celebrations include pride parades, picnics, parties, workshops, symposia and concerts, and LGBT Pride Month events attract millions of participants around the world. Memorials are held during this month for those members of the community who have been lost to hate crimes or HIV/AIDS. The purpose of the commemorative month is to recognize the impact that LGBTQ individuals have had on history locally, nationally, and internationally.
Why Park for Pride?
• In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Jersey Pride, Inc (JPI)., the producer of NJ's Annual Statewide LGBTQ Pride Parade, Rally and Festival, officially announced the postponement of the Pride Celebration in Asbury Park from Sunday, June 7th 2020 to October 11th 2020. Click here for Asbury Fall Pride.
• The event, which traditionally kicks off Pride month in the Garden State, historically is the first Sunday of every June and has been produced by Jersey Pride since 1992.
• Although we are not-affiliated with Jersey Pride, we hope to give an opportunity to the fellow members of our community, and those that support us, an opportunity to celebrate and bring awareness to the LGBTQ Community.
RSVP does not guarantee a parking spot. First come first serve. Spots close at max capacity!